Success at Success Podcast featuring
Kyle Mauch & Trevor Mauch
Half Episode on Building a Meaningful Relationship Instead of “Networking”…
Success at Success Half Episodes are 1 on 1 Chats with Kyle Mauch and Trevor Mauch. This week we touch on networking and how to approach it and leverage it. Both of us grew up in small town Oregon, and have become some of the most well connected people in our industries.
We share a brief overview of how to build relationships, what not to do and what to do instead at networking events, and why being the connector is the most important step to being connected. You can be the connector without even being connected and we share how.
“Instead of networking I was creating real relationships. Truly care about others and just be a good person.” – Kyle Mauch
Notes from the Episode
- Intro – Overview – After numerous emails asking how we became well networked, we’ve decided to dive deep into how to create meaningful relationships.
- 1:14 – At what point did you see in your career that the people that you surround yourself with being valuable and important to what you want to achieve in life? – Trevor’s answer from an entrepreneur perspective.
- 3:32 – At what point did you see in your career that the people that you surround yourself with being valuable and important to what you want to achieve in life? – Kyle’s answer from a college athlete and sports perspective.
- 6:16 – “Networking” vs Creating Real Relationships.
- 8:32 – Actionable tip on how to build a loyal network.
- 12:18 – Bringing together people as the connector.
- 14:05 – Starting a networking event on your own.
- 17:58 – What not to do at a networking event and what to do instead. “Linger don’t leave” – Trevor Mauch
- 21:20 – Monetizing a networking event.
- 22:15 – Approaching new people.
- 25:42 – How to get connected with really influential people and questions to open with.
- 34:13 – Time and place for what you open with when meeting new people.
- 35:16 – Shared interests create real and meaningful relationships and conversations.
- 39:43 – How to monetize your network in a selfless way.
- 46:42 – Fostering your current relationships.
- 47:58 – The secret to meaningful relationships in business and life.
- 49:25 – Actionable points on how Kyle built his network.
- 52:12 – Closing statements.
“Get them talking about themselves and ask a real question that comes from your heart.” – Trevor Mauch
Learn more by listening to the episode!
This podcast was inspired by Lewis Howes School of Greatness, Cameron Hanes Keep Hammering, The Gary V Show by Gary Vaynerchuk, the Joe Rogan Experience, and The Tim Ferriss Experiment.
• Follow Kyle at @KyleMauch or @AthletesBrand on Instagram and everything else.
• Follow Trevor at TrevorMauch.com because his social media game is still weak sauce.